Monday, August 6, 2012

15 weeks!


I am almost done with my 15th week and I will be 16 weeks tomorrow! People keep telling me they can finally see a little belly in tight shirts. Most of the time I can wear things that you can't tell I'm pregnant. We had our 2nd doctor's appointment at my new place and got to meet my doctor today! We got to see the baby on the old machine (which is free because it's not that good of quality) but we did get to see the baby move it's arms and legs. We couldn't quite see well enough on the machine to see if it's a boy or girl (he or she had their legs together-sneaky) but we are scheduled in 2 WEEKS to go back and get the big scan with the 3-D machine done to check the progress of the baby and find out the gender. I am SOOO excited to find out what we're having and to make sure everything still looks good with the new machine. The doctor today said that everything looks great and that my placenta (this might be TMI) is in the back and since I'm thin I should be able to feel the baby soon- which are good signs! She also said I had a good cervix and pelvis- haha. Why, thank you. Anyway, we were really happy with today's appointment and rejoicing to hear that everything is moving along as it should. Our next decision is which hospital to deliver at in Florence. There is a smaller hospital actually attached to the doctor's office I go to that I could go to or go to a bigger hospital, McLeod. We are planning on touring both and trying to decide what would be best. I talked to the doctor today and she said that it would be a more homey feel with the smaller one but with the bigger on if I go into labor before 34 weeks would be great to be at because of the NICU. So, we will be praying about which hospital fits our needs more. All the doctors at my office have privileges at both.

In other, non-baby news, we will close on our house in Sumter this month! We are still working out details, but we are hoping to close on the 23 so that we can have a little time to paint and find some furniture pieces while we're still in the rental until the 31. That would give us some time to move and get our house move in ready! I am SO excited about finally being in a permanent location and getting everything ready for Baby Harper to come! I also met a teacher friend up at the private school today and got the paperwork to be a sub there and met some of the teachers. My friend Susan introduced me to the lady in the office and she assured me that I would be busy there and sub a lot. I was a little discouraged that it was so difficult through central office in the public school system to jump through all the hoops, but I am encouraged now that it's not been as hard with the private school. Hopefully I'll have a subbing job when the school year starts! Woo-hoo! Continue to pray for the health of the baby (and myself) and for wisdom with all the upcoming decisions we'll be making.

No comments: