Monday, September 30, 2013

Daddy's Day Off

This past weekend we finished Disciple Now with our church.  Marshall did a GREAT job planning everything and I think everything went really well and everyone had a great time!  We had 2 other churches involved and I'm hoping that next year we can get even more and it can be a bigger event for the students to see all their friends from other churches.  I just wanted to give my husband a little praise and I know that it took a lot of work and planning and I'm so proud to be his wife.  We had Nathan Smith as our speaker and the Justin Teseniar Band to lead worship for us.  It was a great weekend!

Anyway, needless to say we were both exhausted by Sunday so Marshall took Monday off since he had worked all weekend and we had not really spent much time together with all the running around.  So on his day off we were able to get a chance to relax but also it was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL day!  It was in the mid-70's and sunny.  That morning we got up and I went to get us Hardee's for breakfast (Marshall's favorite... a biscuit and gravy).  Lexi got up a little earlier than usual so she went down pretty early for her first nap so we both crawled back in bed around 9:30 and went back to sleep for an hour or so.  After Lexi woke up it was around 11:30 and we took her to have a little family Starbucks date.  We sat outside for a little while and both of us for iced coffees and since we're gold card members (I love GOOOLLLDDDDD Ashley) we got free refills before we left.

Then, that afternoon we took Lexi to a really close park to our house.  I've been wanting to go to check it out.  She can't really do much at the park except practice her standing in some cool places, go down the slide assisted, and swing with one of us.  She's still too small to fit in the baby/toddler swings so she just swung (is it swung?) with Marshall.  She enjoyed the time we were there even though it was short but the weather was so nice I'm glad we went.  We also got the chance to sit outside in our backyard while Marshall was grilling tonight and enjoy some more outside time.  Fall is my absolute favorite time of year and I'm glad we're finally experiencing some cooler weather.  Here are a lot of pictures from our trip to the park.



















CHECK OUT THOSE TEETH COMING IN!












3 comments:

bb said...

Aww I love the one of you and her when she's smiling :) And that girl loves to point those toes doesn't she? ;) So sweet.

steve said...

The pictures are absolutely awesome! So glad you guys had a great day! Love to all.

Rachel and Marshall said...

Brooke- you have a good eye! She does love to point her toes- all the time! I was worried that would affect her standing but she's doing really good and keeping her feet pretty flat so that's good. I'm impressed that you noticed!