Wednesday, December 19, 2012

35 weeks!


Well, I officially feel like a stuffed turkey.  I just look down at my stomach and think how can it get any bigger?! Luckily I'm still feeling good.  Had some back pain but I've been seeing a chiropractor who goes to our church and have had some adjustments so hopefully that will start feeling better soon.  I guess when you're 5'1" any weight in the belly area is tough on the back.  I've also had some swelling which I am notorious for on airplanes so I had an idea when I was pregnant I would swell.  I remember when I flew to India and slept most of the flight instead of getting up and walking around being shocked at my calf and foot becoming one big piece of meat.  My poor cankles look awful but they don't feel that awful.  My rings also fit only occasionally during the day.  I was hoping/excited being the most pregnant in the winter months that I could avoid some of the heat swelling but when it's 70 degrees in December you can't really avoid that either.  I also had some sciatic nerve pain one day but ever since then it's been fine so Lexi must have cooperated and changed positions to be more comfortable for mommy.  Now, my biggest concern is if she's head down.  And I know, I know, she still has a while to turn and babies turn until the day before birth but I'm a planner and I want her to already be prepared!  I think she might be head down because I feel her hiccups low... but I've read some things that say that could mean nothing.  I go back on Friday for the delightful Strep B test since I am 35 weeks- joy.  The nursery is as finished as it will be right now until we get the crib skirt, curtains and some baskets for under the changing table... but I PROMISE there will be pictures to come SOON!   If yall will continue praying that Lexi is head down and that I would have a good delivery and a healthy baby girl that would be much appreciated. We are ready to meet our little girl!    

1 comment:

bb said...

Aww! That shirt's getting awful tight ;) And ohh yes, the strep B test... at least they told you about it. I got about a 2 second warning it was coming and by the time I realized what that meant, it was over. I felt violated (a common feeling in that office!). Praying for a head down healthy baby girl and momma. You are SO close now!!