Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Dirty Myrtle

So this weekend the Byrum's invited us to be a part of a Mudrun in Myrtle beach called The Dirty Myrtle.  When I say us, I mean Marshall. Haha.  They have a house at Surfside Beach and were so sweet to let us stay with them on Friday night and get up and do the run on Saturday morning.  We loaded up the car and headed down to the beach on Friday afternoon.  It was such a beautiful day and we still had time to go out on the beach for a little while before grilling hotdogs and hamburgers for dinner and hanging out on the beach again that night.  The Edwards family was also staying with them and so we had a house full of kids with the Byrum's three, Edwards' 1 (+1 on the way) and our little Lexi -and Daniel Barber (15 yo-haha).  We got up around 7:30 to leave the house around 8 and be at the race site by 9:00 to ensure plenty of time before the guys went off.  They were able to add Daniel and register as a team to go off at exactly 9:47 a.m.

Their goal was to stay as a team- no matter how slow the slowest member was...no names :) and finish in under an hour.  They accomplished their goal.  I wasn't able to get many shots of them in action because when Marshall did run by he threw his disgusting shirt at me (and Daniel's) and told me to grab them and keep them. Ew. But being the wonderful wife I am I did grab them and put them in the disposable diaper bags that I keep in Lexi's diaper bag.  So instead of getting pictures at this time I was picking up and handling with care their nasty shirts.  Anddd when they finished I had just finished changing Lexi's blowout diaper and rushed over just in time to watch (William sneak past the rest of them illegally on the side) them all finish- minus the camera.  Whoops! I did get some good shots from before and after and Alison and Beth both were taking some good pictures during the race and finish so I'm hoping to steal some of theirs! Lexi did great during all of this especially since there really wasn't anywhere to hang out and she just stayed in her snap n go and was pushed around in the field.  Here are the pictures I did get.









Sadly I didn't get any pictures of the whole group :(  On Saturday after the race we headed back and ate lunch and went out to the beach for a few hours.  Lexi did sooo great!  She loved laying under the tent and kicking her feet and talking.  We headed back to Sumter around 4.  It was a quick turn around but it was a fun trip!



No comments: