Saturday, June 1, 2013

Turning old to new!

I'm not the best DIYer in the world.  Self admitted.  However we got stuck with inherited a set of patio furniture when we bought our house that the last person just left.  I guess they didn't feel like it was worth moving.  When we moved from Durham our cute patio furniture that I got from World Market got stolen.  Woh woh wohhhh (debbie downer).  So, we were without patio furniture.  When we had our small group over at our house a few months ago the kids were playing outside and I had this furniture sitting there and one of the ladies was sitting on it without a cushion and it looked like the most uncomfortable thing.  I was so embarrassed.  I started the hunt for cute, reasonably priced cushions online because Sumter has nothing around to look for that.  I found some really cute ones at Target and Marshall gave the green light to order.  Sweet!  Once they came in the mail I looked at the colors and tried to match some fun spray paint to the colors that were in the cushions.  I found the perfect ones to coordinate and make our patio furniture look practically brand new.  Marshall and I set to spraying in the backyard during one of Lexi's naps and I think they turned out great!!  Not too shabby for Rachel (FRIENDS reference, anyone?)  

Here are some before pictures.  It was a brownish color and the other chair was covered in white spots that wouldn't wash off. Gross.



The nasty cushions that came with the chairs that had sat outside for many, many seasons it looked like.  And it's too bad you can't smell these. 


The spray paint process.




The finished product.  Don't these just look so cheerful?  I think I'll sit outside this summer when it's 100 degrees.  Not. Because this is South Carolina. :) 





3 comments:

Kim said...

Adorable!

bb said...

So cute! Love Target. And I also loved your Friends reference... and the fact that I unfortunately can't smell the old cushions. haha! Great job Rach!

Christy Ferrell said...

I was going to leave about the same comment Brooke did!

1. Love the cushions
2. Love that the furniture didn't cost anything and you were able to repurpose it.
3. Love the friends reference

Good work!